3M S-655 Hood with reusable suspension offers head, face, neck and shoulder coverage, as well as providing eye and face protection to EN166 – liquid splash and low energy impact (grade F), the same classification for impact resistance as some safety spectacles. Manufactured from general purpose cost effective material, with knitted inner collar. The reusable suspension hoods can be a highly cost effective for some high disposal rate environments: just the soiled hood fabric is replaced, while the suspension and air ducting can be reused. Replacement hoods from 3M S-605 are available here. It also has an externally-adjustable airflow control that allows wearers to modify the airflow distribution to suit personal comfort needs.
- Provides head, face, neck and shoulder coverage
- Protects eyes and face against liquid splash and low energy flying particles and dust (Grade F)
- Reusable premium inner head suspension can be a cost-effective solution for high disposal rate environments
- Knitted inner collar
- Quick and easy to assemble
- Replaceable outer hood 3M S-605, with reusable suspension and air ducting
- Externally-adjustable airflow control allows easy adjustment of airflow rates
- Weighs 310 g
- CE approved and rated to EN1459 3A, EN 166:2:F:3 and EN 12941 TH3
S655 headtops meet the highest respiratory performance requirements when used with specific 3M air delivery units. They have reduced curvature visors for reduced reflections and glare and excellent field of view. Visors also provide eye and face protection to EN166 – liquid splash and low energy impact, offer improved comfort, low airflow noise and reduced fogging. Connect via the new, strengthened BT-Series breathing tubes. Integrated head suspension headcovers and hoods, Versaflo-S Series is ready to use out of the box.
Protection is provided against:
• Particles e.g. fine dusts, mists and metal fume.
• Gases & vapours.
• Particles & gases combined.
S-Series Head cover S-655 is compatible with 3M Versaflo TR-315UK to provide a power-assisted system for respiratory protection against particulates. According to HSE Guidance (HSG53), all users of negative pressure should take a break at least every hour to reduce the risk of wearer fatigue. Wearing powered air respirators removes this need and so employees can work continuously, more comfortably for longer durations.
A peel-off visor cover can extend the service life of your visor by protecting it from contaminants and scratches during use. 3M S-922 Peel-Off Visor Covers are available in a pack of 10, are self-adhesive and can be easily applied and torn off.
Please find a further guide to assembly and fitting here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUyacDByuV0