The MSA Altair is a single gas detector from MSA, ideal for use in applications where toxic gas detection is required. It’s a reliable, high performance Carbon Monoxide monitor and is virtually maintenance free under warranty. This particular version of the Altair CO monitor has an alarm range of 30 to 60 ppm. The Altair can be used in tough environments and features a rugged suspension clip which will give you the confidence that your instrument can be worn securely.
The ability to test the monitor is an important feature of the Altair. A simple bump check can be carried out with a single button press and will be displayed on the screen as a checkmark for 24 hours – no additional accessories are required. Other testing equipment you can use with the Altair is the QuickCheck Galaxy which is a standalone calibration test system and and the JetEye USB IR dongle for downloading data.
- Minimum of two years operational service life
- Large, easy-to-read numeric display shows unit lifetime, alarm, conditions, set points, peak reading and hours in alarm since activation
- Housing is thick and rubberised with a tight seal offering protection from accidental drops – tested to withstand a 3m drop test.
- A high structural stability is offered through metal screw inserts on Altair
- Automatic recording of the latest 25 alarm events
- Other testing equipment available for the Altair is the QuickCheck and the Galaxy which is a standalone calibration test system.